*Een zacht en dierbaar 2018 gewenst!*
Hereby a super yummy ‘oliebollen’ recipe:
500 ml lukewarm milk
500 gram flower
7 gram of yeast
1 teaspoon lemon zest
50 gram butter
10 gram salt
300 gram raisins
2 liter frying oil
1.Heat 425 ml milk to body temperature.
Put together with the yeast, make sure the yeast is alive, it will start to bubble after a few minutes. If not try another package.
2. Put 1 egg, flower and the lemon zest with the yeast as well.
Then mix it smooth for 10 minutes, until the mixture will shine a bit.
3. Then heat the rest of the 75 ml milk (body temperature). And melt the butter. Put both in the mixer as well, slowly, one by one.
4. At salt
Mix for 5 minutes more when everything is in.
5. Stir by hand the raisins true the dough.
6. Let the dough rest for 1 hour, with a wet towel over the bowl.
the dough will rise double.
7. heat the frying pan 180 degrees. Dip 2 spoons in the oil, so the dough will not stick to the spoons. then make a nice bowl and drop gentle in the hot oil.
If you don’t have a frying pan, us a large wide pan, put oil in. To test if the oil is warm, you can put a peace of bread in the oil, when it fry immediately the oil is hot enough.
8. Let the ‘oliebollen’ leak on a plate with paper, then put on a nice dish and serve with icing sugar.
Take good care of yourself and the people around you.
Love Anne Marije